Skip to content Skip to navigation

Linnet

Fore-end of an unknown "Big Ricky" butty

1/1/1948          Passed to BTC (D&IWE), SE Division fleet

1/10/1953        Passed to BTC (BTW)

1/1/1963          Passed to BWB

c1967              Sold to a hire boat company (probably Canal Cruising Co, Stone)

                        Chopped in two

                        Fore end half converted to 45ft hire boat and fitted with steel cruiser stern

                        Fate of the stern half is not known, presumed scrapped

c1970              Sold out of hire service into private ownership, believed renamed MAYFLOWER

1972                Renamed TH’ONLY

1973               Renamed LINNET

1989/90           Stern end completely rebuilt with conventional counter and lengthened to 60ft by Malcolm Webster

2008/9             Bow completely rebuilt by Malcolm Webster