- Frankton Junction – the basin above the locks is very silted with soft mud.
- New Marton Locks – both lock chambers are very silted, flushing may be needed to get in/out. This is a recurring problem for CRT – dredging is required regularly.
- New Marton Top Lock – scour about 10 yards below lock. You may need to take a run at it!
- Bridge 19, Poacher’s Pocket, near Chirk – shallow, but possible to push through.
- Bryn Howel, on the feeder between the winding hole and Bridge 38 – a heavy stone scour across the canal, no more than 2’ 6” depth. This appears to be a repair which has left insufficient depth. You may need to reduce draught to get over this.