Skip to content Skip to navigation

Baron

11/1898 - constructed as an iron composite steamer.

11/3/1915        Converted to motor boat, with Bolinder 15hp E type engine, at Saltley Dock

31/8/1915        Gauged BCN No 22372

27/8/1917        Gauged GJC No 12008

3/1947             Sold to Joseph Holloway & Co Ltd, Oldbury, Fleet No 2 (no name)

c1950              Sold to W Cresswell & Son, Oldbury, renamed PEARL

1955                Sold to S T Brant & Co, Aston, Birmingham, renamed PAUL

c1963              Ownership reverted to W Cresswell, and name reverted to PEARL

1964                Sold into private ownership and full length pleasure boat conversion added (including removal of back cabin and engine room)

1980                Name reverted to BARON

1989-1991        Fully restored by Warwickshire Flyboat Co, Stockton, including fitting out as cargo carrying boat

2018                Trading as fuel boat in London Area

http://www.steamershistorical.co.uk/steamers_baron_images.htm