The boat was with BW in their North Western fleet based at Anderton 1948-1963 then sold to Jack Taylor who had a carrying business based on the Shropshire Union from 1964 –1975. The original forecabin was removed in about 1951 when an Armstrong Siddeley AS2 engine was fitted to allow the boat to tow a butty.
Denis Cooper kept the boat at Norton Canes until 1993, when the boat was restored back into FMC livery with a slightly extended cabin. The AS2 was replaced with a 9hp Bolinder engine taken from a boat called Leopard. Whether this is the same boat as Dace is not known.