Skip to content Skip to navigation

GWR No 15

Built 1879 or earlier, gauging books rewritten in 1879, so older history lost.

1879 owned by Jones and Fitz,  some registers say Fitzsimmons. then W H Jones and Co, finally Rowley Regis Granite Quarries Ltd, {a Rowley Rag boat} fleet No 15.

About 1910, sold to B C N co. as maintenence boat No 10. passed to BTW and BW.

Bought from Bradley, in early 60s by T & D Murrell.

Sold and converted to the Cascade Art Gallery with a very tall and boxy cabin. Moored, Little Venice.

Sold to private owners and moored variously at start of Paddington Arm, then City Road London

Moved north to Stockton Dry Dock where the remains of the cabin were removed, it received new bottom and footings together with a day boat cabin, measurements taken from a GWR plan.

Taken to Black Country Living Museum as a permament exhibit.