Club membership is open to:
- All owners of vintage working and ex-working narrow boats built before 1965 provided at least half the original length is preserved - including cargo carrying craft, tugs, icebreakers, maintenance and inspection boats.
- Working boatmen or boatwomen who are/were regularly engaged in commercial carriage by narrow boat.
- All persons interested in and supporting the aims of the Club.
- An award-winning quarterly newsletter, full of interesting articles.
- Occasional discount offers on boating equipment.
- Access to the ever increasing wealth of information in the narrow boat register and archive.
- Help and advice on craft maintenance etc.
- Small, sociable rallies.
- Twice yearly members’ meetings – the AGM in March and the winter social in November.
How to apply
The Club has 3 categories of membership open to new members. Individual membership is available for an annual subscription of £12, whilst 2 people, registering one address and sharing one Newsletter, may become Joint members, each having full membership and voting rights for £15. Associations, Clubs, Groups and Businesses may join as one Association member, also for £12.
- Complete a membership application form and send it with the appropriate annual subscription to the Membership Secretary.
- Members may choose to pay their membership renewals by Standing Order, and if you join us, the Membership Secretary will enclose a suitable form with your ‘Welcome Pack’. It is not possible to implement a new membership by this means.
Membership Application Form (Nov 12 PDF 173Kb)