The Club's aims are:
- To encourage the preservation, restoration and use of working and ex-working narrow boats*.
- To promote the maintenance of the waterways system to a standard suitable to facilitate the navigation of such boats throughout the year.
- To represent the interests of the users of such boats in their dealings with all waterway authorities and other relevant organisations.
- To promote awareness of historic narrow boats through an archive, website, newsletter and other activities.
- To promote and campaign for the retention and/or reinstatement of appropriate traditional and historical waterway furniture, features and working practices.
The full constitution of the Club can be viewed here.
* For the purposes of identifying whether boats should be included in the Club’s Archive or Website, the definition is “working and ex-working canal narrow boats, those being cargo carrying, towing, ice breaking, maintenance or official inspection craft originally built prior to 1965”.
In furtherance of these aims the Club has membership of the following:
Patron of the
Maritime Heritage Trust
"promoting our maritime past to protect its future"