The Club's aims are:
- To encourage the preservation, restoration and use of working and ex-working narrow boats.
- To promote the maintenance of the waterways system to a standard suitable to facilitate the navigation of such boats throughout the year.
- To represent the interests of the users of such boats in their dealings with all waterway authorities and other relevant organisations.
- To promote awareness of historic narrow boats through an archive, website, newsletter and other activities.
- To promote and campaign for the retention and/or reinstatement of appropriate traditional and historical waterway furniture, features and working practices.
The full constitution of the Club can be viewed here (PDF 28kb)
In furtherance of these aims the Club has membership of the following:
Patron of the
The Association for